Dr Jacob Kaplan is a specialist orthopaedic surgeon. He is focused on the diagnosis and surgical treatment of disorders of the Knee, Foot & Ankle. He completed his orthopaedic training in NSW and then underwent subspecialty foot and ankle surgery training in Toronto, Canada. Along with traditional approaches,
- Minimally invasive surgery can now be performed for bunions, Hallux Valgus, Haglund deformity, Achilles tendon and other tendons
- Synthetic cartilage replacement (Cartiva) for great toe arthritis is supported by level 1 evidence
- Sports injuries are being managed increasingly minimally invasively allowing for faster recovery
- Robotic and patient specific technology is being used for knee replacement
- Ankle replacement is now a reasonable option for ankle arthritis.